Saurashtra region of Gujarat State, where Amreli District is situated, is a drought-prone region. This area gets very scanty rainfall. Though the maximum part of the community here are farmers, they are unable to do farming due to lack of water. Hence, the people belonging to the poor-class, especially the agricultural-labor class, below poverty line families, and marginal farmers were bound to migrate to various distant areas for their livelihood. Keeping this situation in view, SSKK was established in 1980 by a group of young, dynamic & dedicated volunteers to encounter the prevailing condition at that time, by providing alternative choices of livelihood, to reduce the migration of people.
▪ Shikshan and Samaj Kalyan Kendra got identity among people of the operational area.
▪ The organization got success being helpful to society through various activities on health, education, women empowerment, etc. People realized how various activities by the organization became helpful to society and how we could help them. They got a new direction.
▪ On our way, we met with some roadblocks. But with other on-going activities, we tackled them carefully and with this experience, we gained expertise.
▪ Sometimes exposure to other organizations helped us improve how we function.
▪ Our organization’s team does their work with enthusiasm and this function makes our organization stronger. With transparency in program, administration, and accounts, and involvement in the social audit process of social responsibility we create new pathways. People saw our readiness to stop gaps and prevent mistakes in implementation.
▪ The organization has maintained its credibility and accepts the norms of Credibility Alliance involved in the accreditation process.
Vision To establish a sustainable livelihood for the healthy mass.
Mission To work for the sustain women and children’s livelihood source and healthy living conditions.
Objectives ◼ Planning and implementation of activities for the sustainable development of the people,
◼ To undertake activities like education, development and health upliftment of the women, children, and youth,
◼ Shelter, education vocational training and legal guidance for the working women, and
◼ Child care center, to undertake activities related to rural development as well as cultural activities, environment protection, and consumer protection.